Monday, September 21, 2009

Post_62

3 comments:

Chaotic Mana said...

Wow, nice work. That's a pretty frightening scene considering how calm everyone is. I think it portrays the willing sacrifice idea you wanted. The blood on her face and the green tattoo are a real nice touch.

Anonymous said...

Wow man, this is a really cool and original idea. Seriously, I felt something looking at this that I don't feel often: refreshed.

I see a lot of art, but a lot of it just gives me the same feeling over and over again. Really good art should be refreshing. So good job on this.

As far as the technical aspect goes, I think you could have really pushed for more dramatic lighting.

Also, the temple looks a little plain considering it's a temple.

The woman's garments could have probably been a lot more extravagant to show off her position of power.

But yeah man, the whole thing is just so... creepy!

kp said...

Thanks for the input homies.

Good, I was hoping it would come off a little disturbing.

Yeah the background could definitely get some more stuff put in there, but at the time I was thinking maybe the room should be this pristine albeit dark ominous place. Its so clean that you would never expect people get butchered there.

But in hindsight I think it is a little too plain jane.

As for the priestess I was also considering adding some headgear and other thingies on her..... but then I forgot.